Monday, September 21, 2009

A Trip To the Fair

Random Questions:
1. What event was the 1st Ferris Wheel designed for?
2. What was the Ferris Wheel designed to rival?
I have been wanting to go to the Utah State Fair since last Fall. I would watch the news in the mornings in Cedar City and they would be reporting from the Fair. As soon as I found out I would be in Utah during the Fair I made sure I would be in attendance! I am lucky to have Mandie who is so willing to go places {and get lost} with me!

Arriving at the Fair

Answers:
1. The World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, Illinois {1893}.
2. The Eiffel Tower
Want to know more about the Chicago World Fair? Read Devil in the White City by, Erik Larson!
**More Pictures from the Utah State Fair to follow**

1 comment:

Elisa said...

My brother read that book and loved it...I am too creeped out by serial killers to go anywhere near it. I haven't recovered from the Ted Bundy (sp?) book I read in college.