Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Carbo-loading, Main Street, and a Birthday Celebration

My friend Anji ran in the half-marathon in Providence this Saturday. I made her a sign. At one point there was a 'j' on the sign. It is somewhere between my car and the finish line! She did a great job- I think that she may have even inspired me...

We were looking at the other camera!

I was able to meet up with Kate Saturday afternoon. We got a late breakfast at Angies (Where the Locals Eat). We also walked down Main Street. I have driven down Main Street a million times since I was born and have always wanted to just walk down it with no real purpose. I finally did it! We got some Alveys chocolate and went into some stores, looked at some ugly dresses, and did a lot of laughing and talking.

Kate and Me

Saturday night I met up with 2 of my friends from ZP for Stevies B'day! Last summer we celebrated with Ho-Made pie... this year we celebrated by seeing PostGrad and eating at California Pizza Kitchen. We missed Damaris- but this time next year she will be home from her mission! Ho-Made pie reunion next year?!

It was fun to catch up with these ladies!

1 comment:

anjer said...

hey thanks so much for being such a great friend and for the sign! that was so fun and i appreciate your grandparents too!

also, the term "ho-made" pie made me lqtm. in fact, i might have to use that sometime! but then i'd have to bake. i'm not sure i'm there yet...