Thursday, October 12, 2006

Are you engaged?


My dad gave me some silver rings in 6th grade that he bought for me on a business trip. I have worn them ever since, and for some reason they are really great conversation starters. When I moved to Maryland in 8th grade one of my friends asked me where I got them. In a desperate attempt to make friends I told her that my boyfriend had given them to me. I came clean with my story at the end of the year, and every once in awhile they bring up that story!
A few years ago I found another two rings and started to wear them on my left hand ring finger. Randomly people at work or school would ask me about them, but since they knew me they knew that they were just decorative rings- not an engagement ring! Not everyone here knows that they are just decorative rings! The other night this guy came up to me and asked me if I was engaged. I looked at him like he was crazy, and told him that I was not engaged, and why on earth did he think I was? He looked at my rings and I started to laugh! I took the rings off the other day but it feels so weird that I am thinking about putting them back on!

4 comments:

Serendipity said...

Alicia...is that a Tiffany & Co. ring????? :)
I covet that ring every time I see it...Pete knows it is on my wish list!:)

Elisa said...

Some people get married so young out here (like your parents ha ha) and sometimes get proposed to with CTR rings....so you never know! When I had my glamourous job in the Dixie Cafeteria I wore a fake wedding ring because I kept getting asked out by guys who hang out in the caf all day alone. It worked like a charm.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that maybe it is better if guys think you are engaged...! Put those rings back on!

Alicia said...

Cristin.. it is a Tiffany & Co. ring. I absolutely LOVE it and want it- have you seen the matching bracelet? They are both on my wish list (MOM are you reading this?!)

Elisa.. I know people in my classes are married and have kids- it is crazy. CTR rings as engagement rings- interesting. I would love to meet someone with an CTR engagement ring. P.S. I can't wait to see you this weekend! I will be calling you soon!