Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Letters.

I love letters. Getting them. Reading other peoples. Sending them. (Just kidding about reading other peoples.) In 8th grade we wrote letters to ourselves to open when we graduated from High School. I remember sitting there and thinking, that is sooo far away. Even though I read it every year instead of waiting, it was still fun to read it after I graduated!

I did a reverse letter to myself last year, and this year I am going to write a letter to me to open a few years down the road. Who knows where I will be 4 years from today?! Currently I am sitting on the couch completely procrastinating my life. Can you say Senioritis?

When I taught my Alpha Phi New Member class this year I had the girls write letters to themselves about everything that was going on, goals they had, etc. I sealed them up and will give them back in May. They all really loved it- they rose the occasion. I loved seeing them get all excited and really putting thought into it!

I think when I have my own family I am going to have some sort of tradition with letters. I am not completely sure what exactly- maybe a time capsule kind of thing. Good thing I have some time to figure that out!

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Love the family letter idea! Thanks!

Sharlene and Matt said...

oih alicia I love love love reading your blog. you are so funny and im happy to know that other people have as random of thoughts aas i do. I also love writing letters, and just writing in general. like why do i keep journals- i dont know but i love it and it makes me laugh and think when i go back and read everything. Last night I read something i wrote about you- how you are my lifesaver and i love you so much. You really are the best! love you. Oh yeah- when are you going home for christmas break?? my flight is now the 16th and i might need a ride from st george to cedar. and when do i have to pay for our house and when can i move in}??

Serendipity said...

I've done that personally, but not as a family...what a great idea! So fun to look back and see what has happened...