Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Secrets Part I





For my Photography Final I had to take 10 pictures of whatever I wanted. We could choose anything- so I chose to take pictures of peoples secrets (see my essay below for a more detailed explination)! All of these secrets have some bit of truth in them.




"Can You Keep A Secret?"



"...There is one person who knows all your secrets... your deepest, darkest, most dreadful secrets of which no one else is the world knows... and yet in the end, that one person does not think any less of you, even when the rest of the world does." I think that I have been that "one person" referred to in the quote. Everyone has their own secrets; they make up who they are. Secrets can be scary; they make you vulnerable, especially once they are shared. I am the oldest of three girls, I have spent my college years in a sorority, and since I was 19 I have lived in a house full of girls. It is needless to say that I too have my own secrets, but I have also been told a lot of secrets. Some of the secrets I have heard are funny, some are sad, and others (in my opinion) never needed to be shared with me.





I have heard everything ranging from being interested in a roommates boyfriend, stealing for peoples birthday gifts, to admiting to reading ex-boyfriends email accounts. I think revealing secrets are a part of the healing process, and I am glad that people feel that I can be trusted with their secrets.





The secrets I took pictures of are all secrets that I have been told, and feel comfortable sharing. Some make me smile, and others make me want to hug the holder of the secret. You may be wondering whose secrets these are; are they my sisters, roommates, random girl I met on the airplane, friends, or even mine? I guess whose secrets these are, is my secret.





Here are the 10 secrets...





No comments: