Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School... Not so much.

Today was back to school for almost everyone around me... and for the first time since I was 4 years old I did not go to school. I honestly did not think I would care but I did. {I know I was so ready to be moving on from college, I was counting the days... } But today was a bittersweet day. I got a text message yesterday telling me about a dinner that was going to be after Alpha Phi and skit practice, and for half a split second I thought, "Oh, perfect I can totally go, because I am free tomorrow night." And then I realized that no, I would not be going because I am not going to be at Alpha Phi tomorrow night because I am no longer a college student. It was sooo werid. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and the direction I am going in life, but its just all of the sudden it hit me that the college chapter of my life is done.
I read lots of facebook status updates about school, and got funny text messages from friends; I almost felt like I was there! I hope everyone had a fabulous first day back to school. I miss you.

4 comments:

Kady (Ca-dee) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kady (Ca-dee) said...

Revised post:
WE MISS YOU! I bet that is way weird. It's weird knowing you'll never be home after a bad day at school and I'll never go up to "your loft" anymore (really...) I'm sad you'll you won't be able to come in my room at spontaneous moments, but I'm so happy for you and all you've already done.
AND you better believe we have only just started our friendship!

anjer said...

come on alicia... you can't say that listening to me whine and complain all day isn't some sort of condolence prize... :)

i like being friends both inside and outside of the office. especially when you watch 80s pop music videos with me!!

it's hip to be square.

E said...

I had the same feeling! That whole week I felt like I was forgetting to do something. Like go to class or turn in an assignment. Very weird