Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"Well Gouda's My Favorite"

Can you name that movie?

(She's The Man)


For my Strategic Management class we were supposed to read the book, Who Moved My Cheese. I remember hearing a lot about it a few years ago, but I never read it. Well, I read it this morning online- saving 70 prints and avoiding having to read it in the Business Building Office. It was really funny. I kind of felt like a little child reading a book about mice and little people!


It is all about change and how we deal with it or do not deal with it. Change seems to be the word of the year. I took a few notes on a few of my favorite parts...


"What would you do if you weren't afraid?"
(Good question to ask yourself)

"Take control rather than simply letting things happen to you."

"When you move beyond your fear, you feel free."
(This is true)

"What you are afraid of is never as bad as what you imagine."
(I have had a bad habit of imagining bad scenarios in my head- I tell myself it helps me prepare for what could happen but in reality its better to imagine the best outcome!)

"Laugh at your own folly- then you can let go and quickly move on."
(One thing I am working on is learning to laugh- I loved Elder Wirthlins talk Come What May, and Love It.)

"Do not over analyze or over complicate things"
(I have been known to do both of these things- but I am getting better!)

AND...

"Envision yourself in realistic detail of finding something BETTER."
Yes. Yes. Yes.

The quotes I chose do not really have a lot to do with change, but I still really like them. I try every day to work on being positive, and I honestly believe that when I do this and really try my day is soo much better.
I will STRETCH to always and try to be positive and when things do change or do not go the way I originally planned, I will not stop & freak out- I will take control and move on.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I really like that book. I read it the summer we moved here - because my cheese had moved :) I remember reading it in the leader's cabin when I came up to help cook for camp - remember that summer? I think it was the longest summer of our lives! You've learned a lot about dealing with change - and you do it with grace and style!

Serendipity said...

Pete's dad gave us that book when it just came out, and asked us all to read it...We always talk about our cheese being moved {our cheese has been moved a lot}...It is nice to keep "change" in perspective!

How great that you are learning those things now!