Sunday, September 09, 2012

Adventures at the Fair.

I am seriously behind in my blogging. I don't know if anyone even reads it-- but since I apparently stink at keeping a journal these days this is my one attempt at keeping track of life. I still have to blog about our fabulous cruise-- and our trip to the Shakespeare Festival! Here is a much more recent adventure-- Utah State Fair from over the weekend.


I love the fair. Remember I went with Mandie in 2009
Tyler told me he almost died last time he went to the fair so I sadly skipped the fair in 2010 and 2011. We tried it this year-- and Tyler lived!!!!! We avoided the animals and had the greatest night! 

My pics.

a. So many colorful rides!
b. Us on the Ferris Wheel! 
c. Tyler and his first ever funnel cake!!! 

The State Fair is one of the best people watching places EVER. (The airport is a close second.) Just a few things I observed.

1. A mom feeding her 4 month old baby cotton candy. Maybe this is just me and I don't have any kids but I think that was a bad idea. That child has cavities before she even has teeth. 

2. People will do anything for a giant stuffed thing. Don't get me wrong,  I enjoy a stuffed Rastafari Banana as much as the next person but not for $20 and trying to throw a ping pong ball in a fish bowl.

3. Butter sculpting is an art.

I also walked away with many questions. My main question I kept asking is "where do the carnival people work?" Do they travel from fair to fair? So many questions. 

I still love the fair. I still do not love funnel cake after I have eaten it. Still looking forward to Utah State Fair 2013!

No comments: