Sunday, May 31, 2009

Literally.

A "walk" down Memory Lane. I love saying that. I am not sure why. It's not as if I am stuck in the past or anything.

These shoes have been through a lot.
They were bought at the beginning of my Freshmen year of HS, to go with my hot private school uniform. They saw me through that extremely awkward first year of high school. After returining to public school and being able to wear my own clothes I continued to wear these brown shoes occasionally. They saw me through happier and not as awkward years until I graduated from HS. I took them with me to Utah, where they were worn every once in awhile. As I was packing to move to Salt Lake I took these shoes out, and decided since I had not worn them in awhile it was time to get rid of them. They got put in my give-away pile, but never made it to DI. My first week of my internship my feet were killing me. Silly me only had one pair of flat shoes. They were hot pink. You can only wear hot pink shoes so many times before someone says something. I pulled out these brown shoes. Are they the most attractive? No. But were they comfortable? Yes. Now these shoes have seen it all, everything from freshmen year of HS to first week in the real world of work!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I have always loved those shoes - and still remember when we bought them - uniform rule paper in hand -wondering if they would pass muster at GCHS :) They have served you well!

Kady (Ca-dee) said...

haha that's cool that you noticed that! Very interesting post... I enjoyed it. (THIS IS NOT SARCASM)

E said...

I remember these shoes!!! I had similar ones too.