Saturday, May 02, 2009

Hurray!!!

I'm telling you- I have no pictures! Its okay though- I got the most important ones. I have so many emotions going on right now. I am happy, excited, nervous, sad, and so so tired (I know that is not an emotion)! I am happy that I graduated from college!! I am excited for the future. I am nervous for the future. I am sad that my college years are over- I am sad to say "good-bye" to some of my best friends. I was doing great with not crying until I said "good-bye" to Shar. It was soo sad. I remembered why I do not like to cry- my eyes stay red for the rest of the day and sting like crazy.
Today was such a great day. I am so grateful that both of my parents were able to come and see me. Especially my mom- she is already on her way back to Maryland. Short trip- but it meant a lot to me that she came. Thank you Emily for being on your own for a few days (also thank you to everyone who helped with Em so that my mom could come)! Thank you Grandpa and Grandma Janes for coming to see me! Thank you Regan and Vanessa for watching me walk across the stage- I am sad I missed you. Congrats Lindsey and Tyler!!! Shar- thanks for making me the focus of your day! It means a lot that you all came!
Jess and me!
Roommates!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am so proud of you! Ha p.s. your blog spelled without an "e" is in German. Just in case you wondered. I got a little teary eyed looking at this knowing that in a couple months you'll be so far away! But congratulations on graduating! (it's not quite like graduating from college, any old joe can do that;) Love you!

Sharlene and Matt said...

alicia!!! i love you and im soo proud of you! i knew you could do it. i look up to you. thanks for your comments. I am so excited for you. when do you start your internship? thanks for letting me go with your family to dinner. You are a beautiful women!