Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I HEART my Internship

I have an internship at Company ABC.
I have my own cubicle. I was super excited about the cubicle. I am not sure where I thought they would put me-- in the corner somewhere? IDK. I also got a Company ABC e-mail address, AND an I-PHONE. Yes. an I-PHONE!!! I was so excited. I still am excited. I always wondered what it would be like to have a fancy phone, its awesome. But really, after a day it is just a phone. I get texts, and phone calls just like everyother phone I have ever had. My harddrive on my laptop crashed (again) so I have not been able to sync it to a computer- so I do not have any awesome apps yet. Until I get a new hard drive or get a new computer (I need a job) I have it synced to my GMs... which is kind of weird. Enough about the phone.
I LOVE my internship. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the industry I want to be in. I get to help different Event Managers with some of their events. I even helped fill out some set-up sheets the other day. I get to sit in on production meetings, Post-Con meetings, Staff Meetings, etc. I also work a lot with the Director of Events. I help him with billing, organizing calendars, etc. I love working with the Director of Operations. She is so great and willing to let me tag along with her. She was out of town the other day so I got to check all of her rooms for her and even ended up helping a client. It was soo awesome. I know I sound like a nerd, but I LOVE it.
I do not have any pictures at work-- I thought it might look a little strange on my first few days there if I just busted out the camera... but I will try to get a few shots of my cubicle this week. This is what I get to see on my very short walk from TRAX to the Company ABC. It is super close to Temple Square.
I have already learned so much. I also have a new respect for The Office. Sometimes I want to go into the Board Room and talk to the camera. I worked my first event last weekend... not by myself or anything. It was great. I got home around 3am and then was too wound up to sleep.

5 comments:

Sharlene and Matt said...

Alicia!!!! that is so great. you are grown up. and good at it!! and love it! im so happy for you. I LOVE YOU and we need to hang out. maybe thursday. i'm calling you right now.

Kady (Ca-dee) said...

Aliciaaaaaa!
I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!! I love hearing about all the things that you do and how you how a new profound respect for the office and want to talk to a camera... that's hilarious. YOU ARE SO FUNNY. and we are SO CLOSE lol. I miss your guts... that's sounds gross... but I really miss you a ton! I am so so so happy for you though!

Serendipity said...

SO fun to see that you HEART your internship!!!!!

I still have your graduation sitting here. I'll get it in the mail this weekend FOR SURE...be looking!

Adriana said...

I am so happy that you are having such a good time with your internship!!! It was good to see u too!

E said...

Your job sounds way more awesome than mine. I wish I had an i-phone...