Sunday, October 05, 2008

I love to see the Temple!

I had the opportunity to go to General Conference this weekend! I have never attended a live session of General Conference- but I have always wanted to (in fact it is on the list of things I want to do before I die). I was able to be in the conference center for both Saturday sessions. I met up with a friend from California and we waited (in the rain and cold- without an umbrella) in the stand-by line... and we sat on the first level! I could actually see the speakers- it was AMAZING. During one of the songs I looked around at everyone around me and it was such a neat feeling to know that there were thousands of people there all for the same reason, trying their hardest to live what they know is true. It was a comfort to know that I am not alone! I love this gospel.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

The conference center takes my breath away. Sometimes it takes too much of my breath away and I have a mini-panic attack...but it's exciting for sure!

Serendipity said...

What a great experience for you! The conference center tour is one my kiddos still comment about...very impressive!

Sharlene and Matt said...

that is so awesome!! i love going to the live sessions too. I felt almost at home when i was able to watch all the sessions of conf. i love you alicia!