Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year!


I really love Autumn- I think it is my favorite season. It isn't hot and it isn't too cold (knock on wood)! The leaves are falling and it is just so pretty outisde. It has been a slow week, everyone is sick or getting sick in my apartment and I am learning that it only takes one person to make everyone be in a not so happy mood! I think it goes the other way too, one happy person can change everyone too! I gave myself 5 minutes to be negative (thanks for listening mom) and after my class I decided to start listing the things I am thankful for... and it really helped to put me in a better mood! Here are just a few from my list...


1. My family-mom, dad, cara, emily, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins
2. The Gospel
3. My friends- near and far
4. Morals and Values
5. Technology
6. My cell phone
7. My education
8. Books
9. Hugs
10. Cute little kids- they are so innocent and adorable
11. Inside jokes
12. Ribbon
13. Pictures
14. Journals
There are many many more... these are just a few! One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is going around and telling what we are thankful for- I am going to try and be more vocal about what I am thankful for, all year round!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always happy to be a listening ear! Hope you don't get sick - keep washing those hands, try to get a good nights sleep, drink your OJ! Just a little motherly advice :) Glad you are thankful for us because we are definitely thankful for you...counting the days 'til Turkey Day!

Serendipity said...

Love your positive outlook...isn't it amazing that one person can influence a group for good or bad!? Keep positive!

Great idea to make a list of things you are thankful for...especially when people are being negative...

You are a star!

Elisa said...

Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. ~Mother Teresa

Your post made me think of that quote. I am putting some quotes together for Mark's Christmas gift and that was one that I loved. Smiling can change the mood so quickly.
I really like those Echinachea cough drops that are suppose to help prevent, or lessen the duration of a cold. I feel like they really work...although it could be a placebo affect. Your mom is right, get lost of vitamin C!!
Thanks for reminding me to feel grateful!

Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite time of year too, but probably because I can wear long sleeved shirts and not look weird. I will quote the kids' pediatrician "you can have all sorts of germs on your hands and they don't make you sick, it's when you have the germs on your hands and you touch your mouth, nose, eyes, etc. that you catch "the plague"." She had to explain the life cycle of germs to the high school basketball team and she put it in words that a 2nd grader could understand. This sermon included the phrases "back wash happens" and "no swapping spit of any kind!"