Sunday, September 04, 2011

Highlight{s} of my Week

One thing that really bums me out about working late {I mean like midnight late} is that I can't cook dinner, because I honestly really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. I either have to be way ahead of the game and cook a few meals ahead of time to have in the freezer, or my sweet husband brings me dinner, or I eat cereal. I am getting much better at having some meals ready to go in the freezer but it is tough- on my next free Saturday I am going to make 5 freezer meals to have on hand! Last night Tyler and I got take out Thai food from the place we ate last weekend-- it was delicious. We also treated ourselves to sticky rice with mango. It was amazing. I took a picture- but the picture does not do it justice. I think I am going to start saving for a nice camera!!


The hightlight of my weekend was the sticky rice {when sticky rice is the highlight of your weekend- it was either really awesome sticky rice or the weekend was crap. I'll let you choose).


Other highlights included:


Tyler is soo sweet. He knew I was having a rough week, so when I came home from work he had a surprise for me. I was expecting a cupcake or a cookie but it was this. For those of you who didn't click my link- its a book about the CUTEST dog in the world. I have named him "Bear Dog" but his name is really Boo. I am obsessed- which is saying something because dogs and I typically do not mix.



Breakfast for dinner.


Tyler and I completed reading the Book of Mormon!


Organized the pantry-- it looks bomb.com


Got my car registered {Tyler got his too}


Season Finale of Pretty Little Liars {Not gonna lie-- obsessed}


I surivived.

1 comment:

E said...

Sticky rice with mango is always the highlight of my week