Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Best. Dinner. Ever.

A few months ago Tyler and I were watching a cooking show and they were cooking chicken by making it thin, filling it with deliciousness, and then tieing it up with twine. I am sure there is an actual cooking term for this- but I don't know it, so when I searched for recipes I thought I found something but it was not really what I wanted. However, it gave us a start. It gave us a recipe for the filling, and I made up the rest.


I pounded out chicken breasts with my meat mallett. They were perfectly thin after I was finished with them. Then we filled it with a mixture of goat cheese, bacon, and green onion from this recipe.

Then we rolled it, peppered it, and tied it up with twine.


We browned it in the skillet.
Then baked for a little bit.


Our finished result!!


The pictures do not do the chicken justice. It may have been the best meal we have ever made. Top three for sure.


Eaten with rice and a green salad-- wonderful Sunday meal!!

1 comment:

Mont said...

Who are you, and what have you done with Alicia? ... I think maybe you should take over Thanksgiving turkey duties this year. What do you think?