Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

I love my Dad.
He is one amazing man.
He has set the bar high for the next man in my life.
I hope my dad knows just how much I love him and look up to him.


These are just a few reasons I love my dad...
He is a tease
He is a good cook
He adores my mom
He is smart
He saved a voicemail I left him when I was 13
He has made it possible for me to live my life
He is a hardworker
He loves Autumn, Disney, and Christmas
He loves his 3 daughters
He honors his priesthood
He has a testimony of the gospel
If he says he is going to do something he does it
He has left meetings to talk to me
He sends me e-mails
He once sent me a funny video clip to make me feel better about my broken heart
He makes special visits to come and visit me while I lived far from home
He is a good providor
He stays up until we get home from dates or just being out
He is up late so he has answered many of my calls late at night crying or stressed out and...
Asks me how to eat an elephant
I always say, "I dont know"
He always replies,
"One bite at a time"
He taught me how to drive
He taught me geometry
He then got me a geometry tutor
He used to read outside our door before bed
He took us to the park every Sunday
He loved to take us to the Fruit Stand in CA
He makes up songs and sings them to us
He does this thing called Dancing Hands
I hope you have a wonderful Fathers Day. I love you so much. Thanks for being my dad. I know parents have a tough job and they are just trying the best that they can. You and mom are doing a great job.
Love,
Your Little Girl on the Train

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a sweet post - and what a great memory you have for the little things that make up a relationship!

E said...

This is so cute. I also would love to hear the message your dad has saved from when you were 13! That was when we met!!!!