Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Well This Has Been Sufficiently Awkward"

Awkward has become popular. Not really being awkward so much, but the work "awkward". I think it is used much more often now than it has in the past. Maybe I just use it more. If that is the case, this entire post will be awkward. Or maybe being awkward is more socially acceptable these days. I know that I have numerous awkward moments... Here are a few I have had the past couple of weeks...

  • The homeless man flirting with me on Trax.

  • Wearing coordinating shirts with my male supervisor {we were both wearing purple tops and grey pants} someone also asked us this day if I was his daughter. {Bring you daughter to work day perhaps?}

  • Hitting the security panic button multiple times without knowing it, and having security not only call up to check on me but sent someone across the building to check in person.

  • Going through the bathroom door and having someone strike up an actual conversation- I was half in the bathroom.

  • Watching the Today Show with Kathie Lee and Hoda Kotb. Seriously, they are the most awkward television hosts. Watching the show makes me feel awkward for them and their guests.

However, if I ever feel awkward and need to be reassured that it is not so bad I just go to awkwardfamilyphotos.com . (Thanks Mom!)

2 comments:

Kady (Ca-dee) said...

hahahahaha. I love hearing about your awkward life! it's funny... and it makes me miss you! I had so much fun this weekend and I'm so glad you're unofficially staying in SLC. YAY!

E said...

I love this picture!! What a great night.