Sunday, August 07, 2011

Girls Camp Is...

Amazing...

A Place Where The Spirit Is Strong...

Hard Work...

A Lot of Preparation...

A Place Where You Can Reflect, Ponder, and Return With New Ideas and Goals...

I was excited/nervous/overwhelmed for camp... flashback to when I was 13! However, unlike when I was 13 I didnt beg my mother to bring me home early. Our camp was held at Heber Valley. So yes, we slept in cabins, and yes, we had showers. Do not tell me this was not real camping- there was dirt, bugs, sun, and sweat. It was camping!


The theme was "Time to Believe". The Stake Camp Director was bomb.com. The YW Stake Presidency did a wonderful job of really focusing on the needs of the girls and tying it into the theme. Everyone did an amazing job. I could go on and on... but I won't.


Highlights of Camp


Paddleboats

Memorizing the Stake Standard

Singing Guardians of Virtue

Getting to know the yw in my ward better


The first night at camp we sang Guardians of Virtue, and by the end I was a blubbering mess. Whooo. I had so much love for each of those young women, and I know how tough it is to be good, and keep standards when it seems like everyone is trying to shoot them down. I remember. If I could I would tell each and every one of them how spectacular they are and how they are so smart, and beautiful and to believe in themselves and to work hard and do everythign they can to take care of themselves and prepare to go to the Temple.


That is my goal. To make sure everyone I come in contact with gets a piece of that- to know just how special they are.

I am not sure how I am going to do that, but I am.


That was a rambler. Camp was great. I will post an actual picture from camp later!



No comments: