Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Alchemist.

I read the book, The Alchemist. I LOVED it. I had not heard about it until my Aunt Cristin left it with me. There were so many quotable quotes throughout the book! I was constantly writing things down- I felt like I was in English class again!
Here were a few of my favorites:

"The secret is here in the present. If you pay attentuoin to the present, you can improve on it and if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better. Forget about the future, and live each day according to the teachings, confident that God love shis chilidren. Each day, in itself brings with it an eternity."

"We make a lot of detours, but we're always haeading for the same destination."


"People need not fear the unknown if they are capable of achieving what they need and want."

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving."


I loved this book. It is one of the best books I have read in a very long time. I think it changed my life.

No comments: