Thursday, April 03, 2008

.26 cents short!

Have you ever gotten all ready to pay for your purchase and realized you did not have enough money? I have been a cashier before and never understood how that happened to people- well, now I understand!

This is all I needed!

I went to pay for my two half gallons of milk- one for me and one for my friend. I realized as soon as she rang me up that I did not have my debit card on me and I had one dollar bill and some random change- not enough random change though! I had to ask the girl to take one of the milks off and gave her my reason for not having the money. I should have just stopped talking because as I kept giving my explination, it seemed less and less believable! My explination had every excuse including.... I would be back in 5 minutes after my friend paid me for his milk, and how my debit card was in another purse... etc. It was embarassing- luckily there was nobody behind me!

Lesson learned: always have money on you and be willing to spot some change in the future for someone in line needing milk!

1 comment:

Elisa said...

oh, I know that panic crazed feeling so well. Once at target i had left my purse at home...NO money, I had the diaper bag but no purse was in it. I think it's good to have these experiences, it creates empathy in grocery stores:)