Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Since then...

The last time I sat on this bench I was 18 and honestly thought my life was over- I had just had my heart broken, I was more homesick than I could imagine, and there were tears streaming down my face, it was probably quite a site for anyone who saw me! Obviously my life was not over because 2 1/2 years later I was able to come back and sit on the same bench without any tears streaming down my face! Now I look back at that girl and wish she could have more easily seen the bigger picture! I know I have said this before, but it is amazing how things change- I try to be a supporter of change, which is a good thing because nothing ever stays the same!

I have come a long way since I was last sitting here- I think this photo is a good reminder to me to move forward and remember that life will go on!

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Love this post! I am glad you visited your bench.

Sharlene and Matt said...

good job alicia! you inspire me. haha no really though whenever i need a good talk i know you'll listen and have good advice. thank you! please can we plan a cheap trip like just to st george or something and hang out for the weekend. we need more fun times together!! i LOVE you

Lisa said...

Ah, the infamous break-up bench - I remember the accompanying phone call. What wonderful life lessons you have learned and are learning! :)