Friday, January 01, 2010

I Will Remember You

With a title like that you are probably expecting something really deep- sorry to disappoint it is a few pieces from my younger years! I wanted to go through my room when I was home- and I found some sweet things from my childhood that I want to document! {Remember in Toy Story 2 when they get rid of the toys and the toys are so sad to be forgotten about/given away? I can't help but think* my things are sad too...}

This is from my Aunt Cristins wedding reception that my G'pa made- and Cristin gave it to me. I remember being honored that I received one. It sat on my desk in California on display.


I have never kicked a soccer ball in a soccer game. Yes, I did play on a soccer team- but was really not a fan of running, sweating, or knowing that there was a chance of the ball hitting me. Needless to say there was only one season of soccer in my childhood. Every player {if you could even call me that} was a recipient of a trophy.

I have always loved to read- my parents made sure that we always had something to read! I'm sure at times my parents wondered about my choices in reading {Sweet Valley High, Sweet Valley University, etc.}! These books make me smile.

Rhyming Dictionary: I "earned" this book by purchising it with "Green bucks" in 4th grade from my teacher Ms. Green. I seriously saved all year for it- I was not going to settle for a plastic ring. Nope. Not me. I needed the Rhyming Dictionary- maybe I aspired to be a poet? or most likely a rapper. {I do not think I even knew what rap was.}

Cheerleading Book: I wanted to be a cheerleader from a very young age. I saw this Cheerleading Kit at the Scholastic Book fair- it came with this book, gold/purple pom-pons, and a cassette tape with the cheers. It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I begged my mom for it and she said "no". I got it for Christmas that year from Santa Clause- I was SO excited. I read it, practiced, cheered. I even took notes in it.

Sweet Valley High: Francine Pascal is a genius. She hooked you in Elementary School with Sweet Valley Twins, then by the time you were in Middle School you were reading Sweet Valley High and Sweet Valley University. I was really mature for my age, but then stopped reading Sweet Valley University and stuck with Sweet Valley High. You may be interested to know that Sweet Valley High: Senior Year series is just barely coming to a close. {I stopped reading them in 8th grade- not because I wanted to but because our Library stopped carrying the new ones.

Leonardo DiCaprio- the biography: I actually borrowed this in 5th grade from a fellow classmate but then I thought I ripped one of the pages so I bought her a new one and kept the one I ripped. {Win win.} This is the most hilarious thing- I loved Leo but had never seen any movies with him in it. Yes, Titanic did come out that year but had I seen it? No. Had every single girl in my grade seen in multiple times? Yes. Did this arguement work with my parents? No. Did my crying work with my parents? No. I FINALLY saw Titanic in 8th grade- when it was shown on TV. I purchased my own 2 disc copy of it in college. Whenever I'm in need of a good cry I watch it. However, I still love Leo. Just the other day I saw a movie preview with him in it and my heart went pitter pat. I also love him in Growing Pains.

Little House Trivia Book: I LOVED reading the Little House books. I wanted to be a Pioneer- then I went on Pioneer Trek. Let me just say I am glad my ancestors did it for me. My moms friend Kristy stayed in my room when she came to visit- and on my nightstand I had one of the Little House books. She read it and then read the entire series! We now share that common bond! She bought me this trivia book once and whenever I hear about the Little House series I think about Kristy!



Senior Suprilitive: Fast forward to Senior Year of High School- I won "Best to Bring Home to Your Parents". I was a goody two shoes {still am}- I was a parents dream come true! Haha. The guy who won this was my HS boyfriends friend. Maybe I was dating the wrong person?! The yellow bunny decor next to it was given to me with the award- it was my "halo".

Stuffed Animal: If you really know me- you know that I do not like stuffed animals. However this duck was part of an inside joke with the HS boyfriend. It came with a Tiffanys necklace around its neck. Its such a nice stuffed animal I hate to give it up- but I am passing it onto someone else who will love it. However, I am keeping the necklace.

It was a lot of fun going through my room- my mom and I had some good laughs. It's hard to believe I will soon be moving into my own place, and beginning new memories there!


*I know that these things do not have feelings but... :)

No comments: