Friday, July 22, 2011

YCLs

For those of you who do not know-- I am going to Girls Camp with the Young Women in my ward. For those of you who know me you know I am NOT a camper, so me camping is kind of hilarious.

{I did not grow up in a family of campers, I did not like going to girls camp as a young woman, etc. I do not like dirt, being hot, bugs, etc.}


However, I did like going as a YCL (Youth Camp Leader) and going back as an assistant with the YCL leader a few years ago. A week or two ago the camp director asked if I would help with the YCLs this year... I was in the middle of a huge thing at work and already feeling stressed with camp but I said yes.


I am so glad that I said yes-- I met with some of the YCLs last night and they are amazing. I do not think I was that amazing when I was 16. We talked about characteristics of a great YCL, responsibilities, YCLs they remember, etc. We made posters that I will bring up for our daily meetings as a reminder. We made assignments and they did it happily. It was so neat.

"As a YCL, always be looking for "S'more" to do"

{S'mores on a stick make another appearance.}
Pins to set the YCLs apart. They decorated the pin part-- I will take a picture of the final product up at camp.

No comments: