Monday, June 23, 2008

Alicia Get Your Gun

Yesterday one of my friends took me shooting- I had never shot a gun and he thought that was a disgrace! I shot two different black powder guns. It was quite the experience. I was not really trying to aim at anything- I was just trying to shoot the gun. (Don't worry I was aiming at a hill- just not an official target!)

Getting the gun ready
I an and I

It was fun- I also a got a history lesson to go along with it! I am having so much fun out here doing things I have never done before!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey you look like Annie Oakley! Looks like fun.

shauna said...

A girl with a gun?! Love it!

Elisa said...

You guys are fancy shooters for sure. Who dresses so nice to shoot guns??

Alicia, if you wanted to shoot a gun you could have come to my grandpa's farm anytime. Although Ian is a bit younger and a smidgen better looking than my Grandpa;)

Sharlene and Matt said...

ALICIA! you are so cute! and learning so much between work and just life in general. i need to check this more often and get better at posting! I love you. thanks for calling me the other day. i'm glad you are having fun. Shooting is fun huh? you look good.

Mont said...

Let's see how much of this I remember...

I'm quick on the trigger
With targets not much bigger
Than a pin point, I'm number one
But my score with a feller
Is lower than a cellar
No you can't get a man with a gun

The gals with umbrellars
Are always out with fellers
In the rain or the blazing sun
But a man never trifles
With girls who carry rifles
No, you can't get a man with a gun

A man's love is mighty
He'll even buy a nightie
For a gal that he thinks is fun
But they don't buy pajamas
For pistol packin' mamas

Oh you can't shoot a male
In the tail like a quail

Oh you can't get a man with a gun